Wellington, New Zealand 2014
The committee of the DataFlex Developers and Users Group is excited to announce further detail for our next annual Corroboree which is being held in Wellington, New Zealand.
- DDUG Conference Dates 16th – 18th October 2014 (half day Saturday)
- Welcome Cocktail Party Evening Wednesday 15th October (Partners welcome at the cocktail party at no charge).
- Additional Training Sunday 19th October
Wellington New Zealand at the Quba Quarter, Comfort & Quality Hotels
- Conference Package A$390
- Conference Dinner, Partners A$50
- Training, Conference Attendees A$100
- Training, Non-conference Attendees A$200
CONFERENCE PACKAGE INCLUDES
- Conference Attendance
- Cocktail Party
- Welcome Gift
- Morning/afternoon tea and lunch Thursday and Friday
- Friday night dinner
- Morning tea Saturday
- Discounted Training Sunday
If you have suggestions for a topic or have something that would be of interest please let us know. Formal agenda will be published shortly, topics include:
DDOs, Constraints and SQL Filters – presented by John Touhy, Chief Technology Officer, Data Access Worldwide
This session will focus on how Data Dictionaries use constraints and provide you with the information you need to take full advantage of filtered record finding. This will touch on how to define constraints, how constraints are managed by the runtime and how to mix SQL filters with DD constraints.
Web Application Deployment – presented by Steve W. Meeley, Vice President Development, Data Access Worldwide
As the excitement about Web Framework applications increases, many developers are beginning to focus on some key concepts in the deployment of web applications. In this session we will cover the basics of DataFlex web application deployment. For this presentation, Stephen will demonstrate deployment using cloud-based Amazon EC2 services and also discuss load balancing using the DataFlex WebApp SPLF Server and web application load testing using automated tools like LoadUIWeb.
Introducing DataFlex 2014 – presented by John van Houten, Senior Software Engineer, Data Access Worldwide
Following the dramatic DataFlex Web Application Framework advances delivered in Visual DataFlex 17.1, many were surprised to see another rich feature list so soon in Version 2014 / 18.0, the latest of DataFlex. John will give an overview of the enhancements, new features and benefits in DataFlex 2014 / 18.
Developing Custom Controls for Web – presented by John van Houten, Senior Software Engineer, Data Access Worldwide
The DataFlex Web Framework of is particularly well-suited for developing on-line database applications. Relevant controls are available in the studio but in practice you may want to use other components in your applications whether you purchase them or develop them yourself. John will show how to integrate custom controls in the web framework.
Using c# code in DataFlex – presented by Marco Kuipers, IT Manager, NCI
You might need to outsource or be given some very specific C# code. How can you use this code in your DataFlex Windows or Web project. In this session we’ll look at how to wrap the C# code into a DLL that can be used in DataFlex via FlexCom.
Moving from Embedded database to MS SQL – presented by Marco Kuipers, IT Manager, NCI
In this session we start with a workspace project using embedded SQL. We briefly discuss the free versions of MS SQL and commence the conversion of the database to MS SQL. After a short demo to show it ‘just’ works, we’ll apply some really cool magic that is now available to us.
What’s new in DataFlex Reports 4.0 – presented by Vincent Oorsprong, Manager Training & Support Data Access Worldwide
A new version of DataFlex Reports is scheduled for release this year and is currently available in beta. Find out how it can enhance your product offering for both the web and Windows.
Developing Applications for Mobile Devices – by Harm Wibier, Software Engineer Data Access Europe
An insight into how to develop applications for mobile devices with DataFlex 18.
New Dynamic AI
VDF Web development do’s and don’ts
DF Reports plugged into Webapp
Web development in VDF18
“Web Application Design for Desktop and Mobile” Conducted by John Van Houten – Senior Programmer Data Access Worldwide.
- Brief review of WebApp development with DataFlex
- Design considerations for mobile and tablet deployment
- Introduction to Responsive Web Design (RWD)
- How to make your WebApp Responsive – Part 1: Framework API
- How to make your WebApp Responsive – Part 2: CSS
- DataFlex roadmap for Responsive Web Design support
- Comfort & Quality Hotels www.hotelwellington.co.nz. We have rooms reserved at a special rate, just mention that your attending the DDUG conference. For this special deal rooms must be booked by Friday 12th September.
- Rooms can be booked as single or double. Rooms in Quality Hotel are bigger than the Comfort Hotel and more comfortable for twin share. Comfort Hotel $137.50 per room night and Quality $184.50 per room night.
- The booking form for this exciting conference will be published on our website shortly. We are looking forward to seeing you all in New Zealand.
We look forward to seeing you in Melbourne.
Leave A Comment